Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Welcome, fellow neuroscientists!

It is my privilege to welcome you to my blog. I am looking forward to experiencing the SFN meeting with all of you. I would love to talk to you about your research at the meeting. Please let me know the date and time of your poster, and I'll stop by and blog about it!

About my blog: My aim is to explain the basic tenets of Alzheimer's to a non-scientific audience. I feel as though I'm learning as I go along. Your feedback would be appreciated, of course. You can follow the blog updates at @AlzBlog101 

About me: I am a 6th year graduate student in the laboratory of Dr. Debomoy Lahiri at IU School of Medicine. My research looks at the microRNA regulation of proteins implicated in the pathology of Alzheimer's Disease.  You can find me on twitter at @NipunChopra7

During the meeting: I aim to have daily summaries of exciting posters/symposia. I will tend to focus on Alzheimer's and Chronic traumatic encephalopathy/Traumatic Brain Injury - as those are my areas of interest. But, I am genuinely fascinated by all things neuroscience. So, please let me know if you'd like for me to stop by and chat with you.


Posts so far have been ---

1. Introduction
2. Key terms in AD
3. The insidious beta-amyloid
4. The tangles of tau
5. Taking pictures of your brain - guest post from Joey Contreras

Thanks for stopping by! And, I hope you bookmark this page. Thank you to the SFN committee for selecting my blog as one of the featured blogs at the meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment