Friday, October 16, 2015

Day 0 - Arriving in Chicago

My lab-mate, Baindu and I left Indianapolis about 4PM and, on our way, Baindu introduced me to some new Justin Beiber music. Yes, I listened to Justin Beiber. Does that make me a Belieber? Speaking of music, Beach House's new album just dropped today. If you haven't listened to Beach House before, do yourself a favor and check them out. Start with the album "Bloom".

We got to Chicago just in time for stand still traffic. We drove past McCormick Place on our way to our hotel, and we marveled at the size of it. After navigating the insane traffic, we checked into our hotel, only to find out that wi-fi isn't free.

In 2015.

It's 2015.

Wi-fi should be free.

In 2015.

So, here I am, in the lobby of our hotel, where fellow neuroscientists sit around me - complaining about the lack of Wi-Fi. Also, it's 2015.

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. The day will start early , and I'll plan on getting to the conference about 8AM. No, I'm not an over-achiever; I just want to squeeze in a professional session before I watch soccer on my computer from 9AM-11AM.

You know, using the free wi-fi that McCormick Place provides.

After that, I'm going to shuffle between a few Nanosymposia on Alzheimer's Disease: Experimental therapies, and a few interesting posters on TBI and AD.

What are you guys going to visit tomorrow?


1 comment:

  1. When are researchers going to take a closer look at the high altitude airplane spraying of chemicals such as coal fly ash, aluminum, and lithium into the general skies over the USA? Our congressmen have form letters that create divide calling the airplane spraying 'contrails'. We civilians know differently and if instead of the looking down at the cell phone (epidemic) more of the populace would look up and get angry looking for someone like yourself to HELP. They are slowly poisoning our air and water. A 5 legged frog was located recently in heavy Virginia spray zone. Please consider this reach out to you and your conference members as a plea to wake up and say "no, we do not consent to aerosol spraying". Fed ex planes may now be fitted with the sprayers so that cat is out of the bag.

    ReplyDelete